Play List


Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy New Year


Well, I can't believe 2008 is over.  How time flies! Hopefully we will do better keeping this updated.  Here's a quick recap of the past couple of months because I haven't written since the beginning of Oct. 
Halloween was a fun time for the family.  The kids were all pirates, yes, even Weston, and had a blast trick or treating.  Grandma Janis came and stayed with us over Thanksgiving.  It was her first time to see Weston and he won her heart over.  He is such a happy little thing and she kept saying how he is Clancy made over.  She brought all of her wigs since losing her hair to chemo and the girls had a blast trying them on and playing dress up.  Christmas was an exciting time in our house as you can imagine.  I was involved in our church musical, singing of course, which was amazing by the way.  This was the first year the girls were really excited about Santa coming.  We ate breakfast with Santa, put out the "reindeer food", as well as cookies and milk for Santa, all that fun stuff.    Aunt Kylee sent us the movie 'Polar Express' and that got them even more excited.  They still want to watch it daily, especially the hot chocolate scene.  Santa brought princess Barbies, Belle and Cinderella, along with horses and a carriage to match.  

Our sweet Caroline turned 3 on New Years Eve.  She had an Ariel princess party and of course loved opening more presents.  I made her a sandcastle cake and I have to say it was adorable. I got the idea from Family Fun magazine.

Weston is almost 6 months old and growing too fast. He is already wearing 9-12 month clothes and is the cutest thing, if I do say so myself.  
I started back to work team teaching part time.  I have the same schedule as last year working Mondays, Tuesdays and every other Fridays.  I have really loved getting out of the house and getting back into a routine.  Since turning thirty, I started feeling that my body was out of whack.  I just began taking thyroid medication (that makes me feel older) and hopefully I will start feeling better.
Clancy is in the middle of basketball season.  The Lady Commandos have a record of 8-10 and are working hard to have more of a winning season.  He has been deer, duck and squirrel hunting, as well as fishing the last couple of months in Kentucky and Arkansas.

Hope everyone's 2009 brings many blessings to you and your families!

5 comments:

Kelee Chrisman Hall said...

Hey Guys! I got your christmas card in the mail last week...tell Caroline and Savanna thanks for the drawing on the back of the envelope. Love you guys and hope you get to feeling better Mandino.
love, love, love,
Kelee

lyla said...

glad you finally posted again!!! i just saw your comment about lilly--savannah couldn't look any more like you either! they are all precious. where are you teaching? i did a job-share for 2 years and i miss it a lot lately. sorry to hear about you not feeling well--hope you get back to normal soon :)

Courtney said...

welcome back to the blog world!! The kids are growing so fast. See you soon!!

JSE said...

Love the Christmas tree picture. By the way, I need a 5X7 of Weston to join the girls pictures in my office. 6th chemo postponed due to low blood counts - hoping to make the final one next week. Love, Grandma Janis

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Hey guys! Enjoyed reading your update and loved the Christmas card too. I'm happy to know everyone is happy...hope Clancy's b'ball season will turn around and hope you're thyroid will balance out. I would love to see the kids in person....they are too-too cute. Clancy's mom is in my prayers.