I guess that it was only a matter of time before I would succumb to the pressure and start a blog for our family. If I am not careful, I will also start doing other things to I have sworn against like text messaging and visiting Starbucks! I hope that this will allow Mandi and I a chance to catch up with old friends from high school and college and keep our families connected.
Tennessee Starting Five comes from the fact that our family is now complete and we will be taking the necessary steps to ensure this. Mandi and I met in college at Lipscomb (Nashville) and have been married for seven years. We have two daughters, Savanna (4) and Caroline (2). God blessed us with a son, Weston, just a couple days ago. We did not plan for Weston but without him, the name of the blog sure wouldn't work! Everyone is doing great and I will do my best with pictures as soon as possible.
I have been teaching chemistry and coaching for eight years at Hendersonville High School. It is an outstanding school with an enrollment of about 1600+ students. Our mascot is the "Commando" and the school colors are black and gold. Ironic, huh? I was an assistant boys basketball coach for 4 years before taking the head coaching position for the girls' team 4 years ago. I also share the coaching duties of our golf team. I truly love my job and feel that I am called to teach and coach. I love the classroom as well as coaching and pray that I am able to continue to do both.
Mandi has taught fourth and fifth grade and is currently team-teaching kindergarden at Brown Elementary. She will take the semester off to make sure that Weston doesn't get beat up by his big sisters. She is an outstanding wife and mother and an incredible witness for Christ. Without her, I would not have found Him. Mandi has been given a beautiful voice and frequently sings in church. I do not know why I have not been asked to to perform a duet with her yet, though.
We are about to start the next school year so we are asking for prayers for all. Please keep my mom, Janis, in your prayers. You can keep up with her battle here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/janisedwards. I hope that all this "blogging" does not lead to text messaging and $6.00 cups of coffee. But, Audrey proved to me this summer that even Uncle David is "texting" so I guess it is inevitable.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
You family is gorgeous! :) So proud to hear how great things have turned out for you! I love teaching as much as you two do it sounds like. There's nothing else I'd rather do. It's not working when you love it.
I will definitely be keeping up with your family and your blog! Congrats on your family of FIVE!!!
Hugs. Nicely done. Coach, you have your players in the right positions for a successful run to the title. Sensing the love, faith, and humor for family and life from a Kansas Starbucks where the morning coffee is only $4.41. Marked Iowa, Missouri, and Illinois off the 'bucket list' for riding a bicycle. So very proud! Dad
Hello Clancy! It's Christina Anderson from Seminole! I found your blog through Tisha's! Your family is just lovely.
It was great seeing you tonight. Your son is adorable!
I'm glad you guys finally started a blog! It was great seeing you tonight, Weston is precious. Talk to you soon.
Clancy, Congratulations to you and your family! What a perfect '5'. You all look so calm and cute in perfect position around the point guard! Enjoy all the plays and fouls the 4 quarters of life has to bring. I see three starters that will always know their dad was a champ.
Take care--Jean and Ken Wagner
Las Animas, CO
Hi
Cool page. You will be texting before you know it, don't be scared.
I am headed to Houston with Dad to visit all those crazy Texans. We are going Aug 21-25.
Glad to hear you are doing well. Can't wait to meet Weston and see you all again soon.
We are reading your blog while kicking back on the sofa in League City. Great pictures, do you have a cousin in professional photography? We're hanging my sheds from Clayton on the curtain rods. Lipstick kisses and hugs from this generation's "Grandma Sissy and Aunt Nell" to the Starting Five.
Yeah, I'm so glad to see the blog. The blog description is perfect! Love it! Weston is a doll...looks like he might just turn out 6'5"+. Everyone else is pretty as ever.
Mandi and Clancy, I'm so proud of you. Clancy, give in and start texting :) We had fun hanging out with y'all last week...hope you've recovered from our visit. Hope you're feeling good!
So clever, especially the line-up. Glad to have a way to keep up with your family. It is beautiful!
I am so glad you are blogging so we can keep an eye on you. Weston is precious...hopefully we can have a girls get together soon so Braden and Weston can meet...and flirt with the girls!!!
Yeah! Glad you've succumbed to the pressure! Your family is beautiful . . . glad you're complete now! :)
i am so glad you guys have ablog now! i jus found it from sara's. i can't believe you have three now! i think the last time i saw you there was only savannah! you have a precious family :) congratulations on your third! can't wait to keep up with you now!
i also need to say this...you give me hope that a family with two girls CAN have a boy! we LOVE our girls, but we're hoping for a boy so we can be "done" too! ha ha
Post a Comment